Everything between cfoutput tags needs to be parsed. So a big page would
slow performance, by how much is prob negligible but worth testing to find
out.
If there are only a few vars in the whole page then only putting the
cfoutput where needed will speed things up. Depends how important those
milliseconds are to you.

Regards
Russ Michaels