> I'm still some what a beginner with CF so take it easy on me. I currently
> have a web site that uses MyBB as a forum. My
> homepage/portal is programmed in coldfusion. Currently it is gathering post
> information so it shows latest posts and comments.
> I want users to be able to login here as well and then it redirect back to
> the homepage/portal. The login script works flawlessly,
> however, once someone logs in I want to be able to retrieve the cookies from
> myBB and then output the current user's username,
> userid, email, ect.
>
> How would I retrieve the cookies information and then output the information
> with coldfusion?

To add to what Edward and Ray have already said, it may be the case
that the cookies are host-specific, rather than domain-specific, so
you'll need to see if they exist at all when someone visits your CF
application. For example, if you had two different URLs:

mybb.example.com
www.example.com

those two are within the example.com domain, and therefore can share
cookies. But, it's possible that the myBB application set the cookies
so that they're only returned to mybb.example.com. In that case, you
might have to modify the myBB code to set those cookies as
domain-wide.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.