Hi guys,

We are running CF MX 7 and I've run into a problem with a CF web service we
have.

The web service calls a different include depending on the method passed to the
web service. And each method will return XML output.

For one of the methods/includes I am calling a global CFC function to return a
query object, this recordset is then added using cfset to an XML to pass back
to the webservice to output.

When I call the include directly I can output the recordset from the query
object returned by the CFC function. But when I loop through the recordset to
create the XML then return the string back to the calling web service I get a
string back but without the added recordset data. It's like it's lost reference
to the query object data.

Is this expected behavior in MX 7?

Things I have tried...

- setting the query object to a local variable in the include
- changing the global CFC's access type through public, private, remote
- using different flavours of CFSET, cfsavecontent and Java string buffer etc

Can post simplified code if required. Just curious to know if anyone has
encountered this before.