Several users who recently got updated computers with Windoze 7/IE 9 now report
that they are unable to submit online forms- clicking the Submit button just
reloads the page. Everything works as it should with FF/Chrome.

I have been able to replicate the problem on my own machine. I even made a
plain vanilla page to test the issue:
<form action="test.cfm" method="post" >
<input name="whatever" type="text" value="1" />
<input name="submit1" type="submit" />
</form>

In test.cfm, I dump all the form field variables. FF dumps them all correctly,
IE shows nothing.

I've Googled the issue and found problems related to using iframes or
JavaScript to submit the form, but was unable to find anything dealing with a
default installation of IE (which most users are going to use).

Changing the method from post to get will allow the form to be submitted, but
that's certainly not an option in some cases.

Am I missing something staring me straight in the face?