Question: Has anyone ever had to do code re-factoring that involved taking
attributes from one set of tags and moving them to a different set of tags
within the same template? For example taking the attributes from the following
tag <cfmodule template='#header#' sorttable="true" useJQuery='true'> and moving
them to this tag <cfmodule template='#footer#'>.

Client has switched to using Boilerplate for JS stuff and wanted all the tags
that referenced a set of attributes from the site wide header file to be moved
to the footer file. My first thought was to write up some ColdFusion code to
parse through all the files and use RegEx to manipulate the code in the
templates. Then as I thought through all the variables, the amount of code it
would take to do it, and the fact that ColdFusion doesn't like parsing thought
thousands of files [read that as request time out setting would be very high],
I decided to just cut and paste by hand. However I was just wondering if anyone
else has had to tackle this problem previously and what if any was your
different solution to the problem.

Side note: My quick search for GREP/ RegEx software to do it for me turned up
nothing useful.