> > Thanks for the reply.  Yes I'm running dev edition of CF on my local
> machine - which is where I'm having NO trouble getting
> > things to work.  I have trouble when the calling cfm is on Hostek
> and the cfc (web service) is on a standard copy of CF 9 at
> > home.  Any other thoughts?
>
> Have you verified that the server at Hostek can access your server at
> home?
>
> Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
> http://www.figleaf.com/
> http://training.figleaf.com/
>
> Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on
> GSA Schedule, and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized
> instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.
Dave,
Thanks Dave. Appreciate you troubleshooting this one with me.
Say more. Are you thinking that Hostek blocks the consumption of web services?
as for access to the home setup, it hosts my personal site
(casadiablo.homeip.net) which I can reach just fine from anywhere. Which is
only to say that I don't think it's an "incoming" firewall issue on the home
side.

I do have a ticket into Hostek just to see if there is something there.  How
would you suggest I personally test the ability for Hostek to reach into the
home server?