> I am creating an application that requires user login. Users are all the
> employees within my organization, but not
> every user would use it; only some would. I would like to take advantage of
> the users' existing AD domain network
> logins so they don't have to keep track of another account. What they do is
> to login our organization's AD domain
> (different sever, different language) and AD would verify it and pass some
> kind of ID/token to my CF app. Is this
> possible and how can this be done? Any pointer is really appreciated. Thanks.

If the web server is a member of that domain, and if it's running IIS,
you can do this very easily using Integrated Windows Authentication in
IIS. You'll need to set filesystem permissions accordingly, and if you
want users to authenticate silently they'll have to have their
browsers configured to do this. Within your CF code, you can then look
at the CGI.AUTH_USER variable - at least, I think that's the right
one, but you can just dump the CGI scope and see for yourself.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.