My company is currently looking for a new CF Dev. to join our team.  Below is
the job description and contact info.

----

South Eastern Book Company has an immediate need for a mid-senior level
ColdFusion developer in our downtown Nashville, TN office.  This is a very
exciting time for us, and a unique opportunity for a developer to get in on the
ground floor of building an enterprise level system.  In addition to supporting
our existing systems, we are in the early planning stages of rewriting our
entire web platform, which is comprised of multiple sites and applications.
This will be a complete rewrite from the ground up, from the database to the
html, and we're scheduled to start coding within a few weeks.  This is the
perfect time for the right candidate to come on board and play a key role in
product development, to make recommendations for the direction of the product,
and help shape the overall technical and online presence of our organization.
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who has the ability to
work both independently and as a vital team member to contribute to the overall
growth of the development team and our organization.  Someone who is willing to
speak up when they know they're right, but be able to admit when they're wrong
and learn from their mistakes.  Responsibilities include maintaining and
expanding current applications, developing new applications and collaborating
with other developers. Our industry can be fast paced and competitive at times,
so being flexible with the ability to easily adapt is a must.

Position Description
This position is responsible for supporting, troubleshooting and optimizing
existing web applications, assisting with the development of future web
applications, monitoring and supporting existing web site infrastructure.

Key Education and/or Experience

Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.  Extensive Coldfusion
Development background with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing
internet applications.  Possess a thorough knowledge of the principles and
practices of application development.  Solid understanding of relational
database design and programming.

Key Technical Requirements

    Minimum 3-5 years experience working with Coldfusion
    Strong knowledge of Coldfusion 9, including CFC-based development and ORM
    Experience with ColdFusion MVC frameworks and Unit Testing frameworks is a
big plus
    Strong SQL Server 2005/2008 T-SQL experience, including Stored Procedures
    Strong HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, and AJAX skills
    Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
    Experience developing for high-volume e-commerce sites
    Experience with source control mechanisms (SVN)
    Comfortable with EDI formats such as JSON, XML, SOAP, REST
    Publishing and Consuming APIs and Webservices

Key Competencies Required

    Good communication and documentation skills
    Detail-oriented, self-motivated, innovative
    Strong understanding and experience in the SDLC
    Strong understanding of software QA/QC
    Knowledge of continuous integration and automated build technologies is a
plus

The successful candidate must be able to:

    Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; Look for ways to improve and promote
quality; Apply feedback to improve performance; Monitor their own work to
ensure quality.
    Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze
information skillfully; Develop alternative solutions; Work well in group
problem solving situations; Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
    Understand business implications of decisions; Display orientation to
profitability; Align work with strategic goals.
    Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; Change
approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent
change, delays or unexpected events.
    Display original thinking and creativity; Meet challenges with
resourcefulness; Generate suggestions for improving work; Develop innovative
approaches and ideas; Present ideas and information in a clear and concise.

This position is full-time, on-site, in downtown Nashville, TN.  If you or
someone you know is interested in the above job, please submit your resume to
careers @ chuckjones.net. (RE: ColdFusion Developer)

Thanks,

Eric Cobb
http://www.ncfug.com