I can't see an elegant solution to this but thought I'd pose the question
here in case someone has a better insight than me to this type of issue.

Here's the business problem....

System Owner runs a web based system (CF8 and SQL Server 2005 on a shared
hosting platform). Their Client orders up an assessment for an Applicant
(via the web system) and the Applicant goes to the web based system to
complete the assessment. The system them notifies the System Owner (by
email) that an assessment has been done and they do some further work and
report back to the Client.

As part of internal processes the System Owner rekeys a subset of the data
into their internal systems (mainly demographic data, not assessment data).
That triggers some internal activities as part of the assessment and also
triggers raising an invoice for the service.

The internal system is not web facing and (they tell me) is MS Access
interfacing to SQL Lite.

I'm trying to identify ways to reduce the level of rekeying here when an
assessment has been completed but I think without some major internal
changes or moving their internal system out to the web or elsewhere then it
will remain a manual operation.

Thank you!!!

Kevin Parker
m: 0418 815 527