you have probably denied Coldfusion access to the scripts  directory.
whatever user you are running ColdFusion under, make sure it has full
access to the CFIDE.
you can also use sysinternals process monitor to find out exactly what
permissions are being denied.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default

Also to use the file browser applet always required RDS to be enabled on
the server, which is not advised on a production server.