Hello everyone.

I have a site where a password is required to access the site.  On pages in
the site, there are links to download files.  I set the appropriate meta
tags and robots.txt to tell the search engines to not spyder the site.

Though the site pages are not in google, the files are showing up.  that's
bad.

It's a lot of files, so before I code up a solution to access all the
through logic so I can control the permissions, is there some way to
protect a directory so that files can't be downloaded without being logged
in on the site?

My guess is the answer is no, but I thought I would ask.

-RR