> So, how does the cfhttpparam above get the #form.fname# value? Does I use
> a regular HTML form and submit the values to another page that receives
> and posts them via cfhttp? (If that's true, then I'll now understand how
> the value of a select formfield gets into a cfhttpparam...)

I think you're overthinking this. CFHTTP and CFHTTPPARAM are just like
any other CFML tags. You can use them wherever you want to, but they
execute on the server, and have access to whatever variables your
program happens to have. If you want the user to fill out a form, then
you want to send the form data to another web site, you'd put CFHTTP
and CFHTTPPARAM in your action page - just like you'd put CFQUERY in
your action page if you wanted to create or update a database record
based on form data provided by a user.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.