I don't use it much but dreamweaver (at least the CS5 version anyway) seems
to have decent code editing abilities -- it might make some sense to you to
use that considering it's an Adobe product.

After using homesite for many years myself, I eventually gave up on it, and
aside from using pspad with some plugins, eventually settled on Eclipse.
Eclipse ... can be sluggish, even after doing a lot of tweaks to speed it
up, but it does do almost everything you'd want and a lot of folk across
several disciplines use it. So I'd probably suggest giving it a try for a
while.