I need to obtain hosting with ColdFusion with SQL Server or MySQL. Also
need to be able to easily install and use Joomla for part of the website. I
have previously used Crystaltech, now called Newtek, but am looking for
suggestions on other hosting companies that would be good for this. This is
for a fairly straightforward Joomla website and we would be using
ColdFusion for a relatively low traffic data entry application.

I am also wondering if a VPS would be better than basic shared hosting and,
if so, why a VPS would be better.

Thanks in advance. I know the topic of which hosting company is best has
been done to death but I haven't had to look for one lately so thought I'd
ask for suggestions here.

Regards,
Stephen