We coded the connection to authorizenet ourselves using CFHTTP.... it works
just fine.

We've done projects using both styles of A/Net processing.... the kind
where the secure form is theirs but after processing they send you back the
results (for clients too cheap to spring for a digital certificate).....
and the kind that you describe where your application gathers all the
necessary data, sends it to A/Net for processing, and gets back results.

hth,
Tobe Goldfinger
jdt technologies, ltd.
516-569-5606