> I have a page where people need to be able to upload multiple files that go
> to different places. I can use:
>
> <input type="file" multiple="multiple" name="fileSet1" />
> <input type="file" multiple="multiple" name="fileSet2" />
> <input type="file" multiple="multiple" name="fileSet3" />
>
> To get the files but once I get to the back end I'm stuck. Using CFFILE with
> action="upload" only uploads the first file but
> at least I can send it to the right place. Using action="uploadall" sends all
> the files to all the locations because I can specify
> a filefield value.
>
> Obviously I could have one form for each file set but that gets tedious for
> the end user. Any suggestions?

To answer the question you asked in the subject: no, you can't create
a form with several multi-file uploads and send them to unique
destinations. One form has ... one destination.

But what you can do is move files around after they've been uploaded.
You shouldn't allow uploads to directories within your web root as a
general rule anyway until you can verify the safety of uploaded files.
So create a file uploader action page that uploads files to a safe
(non-web-accessible) location, verifies the safety of those files,
then moves the files where you want them to be.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.