From: Russ Michaels [mailto:r...@michaels.me.uk]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 12:10 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: CF10 and IIS 7.5

to be clear these issues are nothing to do with ColdFusion, these are problems
on your server. ColdFusion has no control at all over server permissions.
I would suggest to just start from scratch, create a new site in IIS, put a
test.cfm file in and make sure it works.
If it does, copy over the other site.
If you are just creating a site in the normal way with no custom permissions or
authentication then all you need is the folder where you are storing your sites
needs to have  IIS_IUSRS with Read, list and execute permissions.
And if you are running a vanilla CF install, then the SYSTEM account needs FULL
access on that folder as well.
Just take a look at the c:\inetpub\wwwroot folder, these are the permissions to
copy.