> All I'm trying to do is get my ColdFusion server to talk to the mail
> server, which happens to be Exchange.
>
> The user names that they are giving me are in the form domain\username
> and a password. Every combination I've tried has gotten a connection
> refused error.
> Does the Exchange server, or the account need to be configured in a
> certain way for this to work?

Are you just trying to use CFMAIL? If so, the Exchange server may need
to be configured to accept SMTP connections from your server.

If you're trying to do something else, like read mail, you might need
to use CFEXCHANGE for MAPI access.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.