Hi,

For quite some time now we've had a very odd problem with our CF9 development
servers. We are using an Oracle database as backend, it's properly set up in
the CFIDE using a JDBC driver and usually the connection works. Whenever I
restart the CF server though, the connection is not available. The application
can't access the database and verifying the connection in the CFIDE doesn't
work...the page just doesn't load. It takes up to 30 minutes until the
connection becomes available all of a sudden and then everything is fine again.

I would be glad for any hint regarding this odd behavior as I'm at a loss for
what else I could try or even where to look for the cause. I wasn't aware that
database drivers need to pre-heat before use...

Greetings,
Till Helge