I've tried several permutations of accounts and unsubscribe options
after being logged in.

The best guess is my email address is somehow double entered into the
database and its too complex for Michael D. to solve.

I've emailed him and the website contact us form several times.

When i started this endeavor the forgot password link didn't even
work, and i was excited when that was fixed, but alas, I continue to
receive emails even after selecting unsubscribe.

Truly, the manager of this list is a lesson in the bad CF programmers
you hear about who give us all a bad name.