From: Cameron Childress [mailto:camer...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 3:05 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: SOT: Custom 404

In situations like yours I would say the opposite. If you are developing on a
live server, you have no production machine, only a development one, deployed
in a production environment.

Really though, if you have a computer that you use every day, you should make
an effort to make that your development environment. CF will run fine on a
desktop or laptop.

If this is not possible in your case, I would look into emailing yourself the
errors, or perhaps writing them to a log (maybe they already are logged). If
you choose to email them, you might consider creating a mailbox just for the
errors so that a major mistake doesn't destroy your inbox.

Lastly, look into Hoth:
http://aarongreenlee.com/share/hoth-coldfusion-errors-tracking-reporting

-Cameron