Thanks everyone for the help. Many had some very useful advice and were dead on
about the files and issues with mapping and /CFIDE.

Yes, the culprit files were in CFIDE/adminapi/customtags, but we found a
curious commonality in all the sites that were affected.  Every site affected
used CFChart. I remember our server guy had to set-up some special mapping to
CFIDE and allow files to be written there because of some sort of temp file
CFChart uses when creating a .jpg.  Now that it's been locked down again,
CFCHART no longer displays the image.

What should we do to allow CFChart to function without opening a security hole?

Thanks,
Robert