A fairly inexpensive and easy to implement fraud screening service is
maxmind minfraud.

It's something like 0.005 per transaction methinks.

Another method I didn't see in the thread was doing an email confirmation
before performing the cc transaction. Like  send an email to the user with
a unique ID the user must click to verify a legit email address was used.

Can still be bot'd but requires a bit more work on their part, which might
be enough discourage since there are a lot of other places for them to go
do their dirtiness.

Byron Mann
Lead Engineer & Architect
HostMySite.com