> Pretty sure isValid() incorrectly flags emails with apostrophes as invalid.

Nope, at least not with CF9 (checked last night before I posted).

> There are two or three bugs with isValid() and emails.

I was about to ask if anyone had details on where isValid() might fail
on e-mail addresses when I saw that Adam wrote up a blog entry in
reference to this thread at
http://adamcameroncoldfusion.blogspot.com/2013/02/email-address-validation-1-in-series.html
which outlines a bunch of possibilities with tests run on CF10.  As
noted isValid() will work with the most common "special" characters I
see in the wild (notably + and ').  He points out a slew of others
that fail though I don't recall ever seeing most of those in use after
more than a decade in the industry (not to say they aren't out there,
just very, very rare).  He notes that there is a bug open on this with
a "will fix" note so it'll just get better in future patches/versions.

-Justin