> > > Are there still issues with CF and NT Service Pack 6a?
> >
> > The problem with SP6 is that it changed how URLs are
> > processed by IIS, which will affect your use of the CFCONTENT
> > tag if you're using "fake" URLs to prompt the user to save
> > a file with a specific name other than the name of the script
> > which was executed by that user.
> >
> > This problem remains, and won't be going away any time soon -
> > the "fake" URL trick shouldn't have ever worked. I'd recommend
> > using it, if it's been accepted as OK by your internal IS staff.
>
> Excellent hack. Could such a trick be used to allow users to
> bookmark pages, using special trick links, on a fusebox site?
> As you probably know bookmarking pages with fusebox is a pain.
> If it could be used maybe you could outline the CFCONTENT tag
> one might use.

I wasn't aware that bookmarking pages within a Fusebox site was difficult.
I'd guess that the URL might not be pretty, but as long as the necessary URL
attributes were there, everything should work fine.

I guess you could do something like this, but I don't know that you'd need
the CFCONTENT tag for this. You could simply pass a "fake" file name to CF,
and have it use that as the redirection property. For example, you might
have a URL like this:

http://www.whatever.com/index.cfm/action1.html

Of course, this wouldn't work under NT 4 SP 6, or Win2K for that matter, due
to how IIS now processes URLs.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496