We're looking at moving to CF10 but have run into an issue we can't seem to
figure out. It's not a problem on CF9 but is a deal breaker for us with CF10
unless we can find a solution.

Basically our site uses a custom 404 handler, which is set up in IIS using the
"Execute URL" as it calls a .cfm page that goes through our MVC controller. The
problem we've run into is that to get CF errors, we have to set IIS to return
detailed error messages and so it won't let us set a custom 404. If we turn off
the setting in the CF10 admin for returning 404/500 headers, that messes up our
ability to see 500 server errors when there's a problem with an Ajax call which
we use a lot to internal components.

I've goggled this issue and spent hours searching for a solution, to no avail.
It seems the only way around it is to use a static 404 which is not what we
want to do. We use extensive SEO rewriting so we can't use the CF 404 setting
either. Anyone else figured out a way to do this?

Mary Jo