From: Dave Watts [mailto:dwa...@figleaf.com]
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:10 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: (ot) Online Learning Platforms

> Funny. When I worked at the University of Massachusetts I was on a team
that launched UMassOnline back in 2003.
> The university paid a million bucks for the source code of Prometheus
> (ColdFusion 4.5 I believe), and my team was charged with making some
> adjustments and changing every single graphic file. We're talking about a
thousand little icons and edges. It was brutal, but we got it done. One year
later Blackboard bought the company and shut them down.
> UMassOnline had to move to Blackboard. What a waste.

I remember Prometheus. I worked with some of the people who built that.

Blackboard bought everyone in that space, though. We used to have quite a
few customers on WebCT and other LMSs and they were purchased and dismantled
one-by-one.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Software is a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) on GSA Schedule,
and provides the highest caliber vendor-authorized instruction at our
training centers, online, or onsite.