> On two of these servers (one production and one staging) whenever I have to
> restart Coldfusion, it usually takes no more than a
> minute to restart.  But on the third server, it will invariably take up to 30
> minutes for jrun to restart, and it usually hangs at around
> 38MB for several minutes.  I'll invariably have to end the process tree and
> start over before the service will start up.   Obviously,
> during that time, my websites are offline, and it's becoming increasingly
> frustrating for me and my clients.
>
> I'm stumped as to what's causing the service to start up slowly on this one
> server,  and could use some advice.  If it helps, here's
> what the  coldfusion-event.log is showing immediately before the service is
> restarted:
>
> 05/09 10:39:04 error ROOT CAUSE:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

What are the startup parameters for this server - what's in
jvm.config? (Make sure you clearly identify which jvm.config is being
used, if you have more than one.)

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.