@Chris,

Thanks for the thought. Placing things in a array would require me to wrap
existing routines with new code, rather than iterating over the routines
that create these records on a periodic basis. While that might be helpful,
I'd still like to know why the insert statements simply stop. It seems
unlikely that working through an array would be much faster.

It does make me think, however, that perhaps CF is failing at some point,
even though there's no error, and no longer making the calls to the
database. However, I'm not sure how to deterrnine this, since the request
never errors out or even returns.

@Russ,

Thanks. I'm aware that the DSN has a timeout; but unless I'm wrong, it's
completely different from a CF timeout. While the latter times out a
request that takes too long, my impression is that the Timeout setting on
the DSN is the number of minutes that CF will maintain an unused connection
to the datasource before kiiling the connection.

In this case, the connection is hardly unused. And even if the connection
were closed, CF should establish a new connection.

--
Thanks,

Tom

Tom McNeer