if you delete any collections manually, i.e the actual files, this breaks
SOLR and none of the collections will work anymore as SOLR will not even
run.
This would also break CF's ability to connect to SOLR and SEE any
remaining collections either I expect.
try this:
http://www.michaels.me.uk/post.cfm/coldfusion-solr-collections-mysteriously-stop-working