One possibility in my Application.cfc onRequestStart method is
Timezone.cfc.    I'm using that to convert time from UTC to my timezone.
 But the timezone.cfc file I'm using is dated 2005.    I seem to recall
there were changes made to the java related to time, and some people had
issues with timezone.cfc.    But it's been rock solid for me and I'm using
it on lots of sites without problems.

Does anyone know if this could be the source of the problem?  (Obviously
I'm going to get a new version and see if the problem goes away but I'd
rather know if there are still issues with timezone.cfc)

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks