From: Bud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 7:51 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Bandwidth and SQL Server questions

Sorry for the OT post. You guys are my bestest resource. :)

I just bumped up my server to a T-1 where I colo. This outfit has
been a little less that honest with me, although I've really been
happy with the performance of their network. I have over 100 sites
(mostly small static sites) running on a 512K and it's performed very
well. Is there a way to test if I've really got a T-1? I've got a
customer who's signed a contract with a large company who is going to
have about 200 employees accessing his application and just want to
be sure I really have a T-1. Then at least if I start bogging down I
can look at more bandwidth.

On another note. I'm about ready to make the plunge into a new SQL
Server box. That should break me for another year. LOL

Right now I've got a firewall and the big Dell. I've got an extra
Dual port NIC on the Dell. I should be OK just connecting a crossover
cable right from the Dell to the SQL Server box, right? When I get
enough cash for a separate mail server also, I'll get a switch,
unless y'all think I'd be better off with one now. Any
recommendations on a decent/cheapish 1U rack mountable switch?

Thanks a bunch.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452