The biggest reason for breaking the existing convention is that it makes the
thing a nightmare to maintain right now and has a lot of overhead. It's not an
unacceptable level of overhead, but I feel changing its structure will improve
it significantly. Though the point Maureen makes is a good one.

I don't have access to SQL 12 yet (budgets in educational institutions being
what they are), but I probably will after the first of the year so maybe I'll
just put this project off till then and look at that feature to see if it meets
my needs.