OK, here's the problem.

We had to import our old databse into MS Access 97 and found that all the
special characters in a memo field for product descriptions have gone crazy.
ô and ö replaced ",  ù replaced —, Æ replaced ', etc.

So I need to go into the 2000+ fields we have and replace all these
characters back to their proper settings without destroying the
descriptions. (I tried using a query and looping over the replace feature,
but it pasted the first description into all the other 2000 fields. NOT
GOOD.)

What's the safest way to do this on a live databse?
Thanks for your help.

Josh Rubak
[EMAIL PROTECTED]