Hi,

I am attempting to use Google's libphonenumber library to find, match and
parse phone numbers within text strings.

I load the libphonenumber jar using Javaloader and create an instance of
the PhoneUtil class.

I create a test string of:

"Here is one phone number (212) 555-1212 and here is a second 312-555-1212
and a third +1 404 555 1212"

I then call PhoneUtil.findNumbers(testString,"US"). This should return
matches of phone numbers in pretty much any recognized US format within the
string.

The return from the findNumbers() method has an iterator() method. So it
seems to me I should be able to loop and dump the matched objects, with
something like:

<cfloop condition="result.iterator().hasNext()">
    <cfdump var="#result.iterator().next()#">
</cfloop>

However, this creates what appears to be an infinite loop. I'm guessing
it's because the loop isn't really looping through the iterator's
collection, but rather simply reading a static "true" from the hasNext()
initial value, and always dumping the first entry in the iterator's
collection.

Of course, I know so little about Java, I could be completely wrong.

But if one of you folks who understands better than I how to manipulate
Java within ColdFusion could point out the error of my ways, I'd certainly
appreciate it.

--
Thanks,

Tom