Hi Dave,

I've done both of those things. My CFHTTP request has the charset="utf-8"
parameter on it btw. On the rogue box when saving the cfhttp output to a
file it is still mangled. There is also a json response option from the API
and that too does the same to the data.

This the cfhttp header output:

Charset  [empty string]
ErrorDetail      [empty string]
Filecontent      A CFHttp.Filecontent variable is not created if a file path
is specified.
Header   HTTP/1.1 200 Content-Type: application/xml Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014
20:15:50 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.0 Content-Length: 2271 X-Powered-By:
PHP/5.3.27 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Mimetype         application/xml
Responseheader          struct
Content-Length   2271
Content-Type     application/xml
Date     Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:15:50 GMT
Explanation      [empty string]
Http_Version     HTTP/1.1
Server   Microsoft-IIS/7.0
Status_Code      200
X-Powered-By            struct
1        PHP/5.3.27
2        ASP.NET

Statuscode       200
Text     NO

I'm starting to wonder if this may be a slight difference in CF/Java/JVM
versions on the two boxes? They are all slightly different versions.