Thanks... Like this Russ

The CF server is @ 192.168.11.30
The local desktop is @ 192.168.11.123
I phone in and speak to the person at the desktop and guide them to set
Scheduled Tasks

My VPN connection assigns my desktop  192.168.13.102
and when I connect to the CF admin for the server it runs fine with the
exception of failing as described earlier ... can not click Submit or even
Cancel without the error being displayed.

~still a perplexed Gonzo