From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 6:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: AvantGo channels w/CF?

Yes.  Autobytel.com has an AvantGo channel and I've created two other
channels for other projects.

Are you using the AvantGo caching?  Realize that what is happening is
AvantGo is acting as a spider and downloading ALL the pages linked off the
home page and subsequent pages all at once.  As a result your traffic to
your web server can be very intense.  If you use their caching, however, all
that content is cached at AvantGo and the requests don't hit your network
until the cache expires (based upon a time span you set).  That way if you
have 1000 users downloading 20 pages each time, it is just 20 hits to your
server.  Without caching it would be 20,000.

--Doug