We put out a printed directory of families in our neighborhood who choose
to be included and distribute an updated version each year. Currently one
person has compiled this data manually using a spreadsheet.

Do you have any suggestions for a better way to accomplish this data
gathering and management task? We'd like residents to be able to enter and
modify their data themselves via a simple online form and provide a way for
anyone to opt in or out of being included in the directory. When it comes
time to print the directory we'd like to be able to dump the info that's
been entered to use for that purpose.

We have between 300 and 400 families currently who would need to be
accommodated, usually with multiple e-mail addresses and phone numbers
associated with an address. So far, Mailchimp looks like it might offer one
possible solution.

Does anyone have experience with a similar project? If so, how have you
gone about it?

I'd appreciate any constructive comments or experiences you might be
willing to share.

Regards,
Stephen Hait