Hi,

This is not really a CF question but rather seeking general code advise.

I want to create a textfield using ExtJS and would like the user only to have
access to alter parts of the text...

For example, I want to populate the textfield with 'CP   - - U'
When the user clicks on this textfield I want the cursor to start blinking next
to the P (in the position of the empty space). Then as the user types I would
like the textfield to replace the empty spaces. When they get to a dash it
automatically skips the dash and keeps typing where the next underline is.

Is there a special kind of textfield or formatting that can be used to achieve
this?

Many thanks for any advise.
Richard