>ok, so then how would I do the copy from w2k3 to cf9 server

You would use CFHTTP to grab the content from the other server, and then save
it as a file on your CF9 server.

Personally I would do a separate CF app, scheduled in the CF administrator,
that would periodically look for the file on the other server, and if it is
there, grab it and download it.

Then when your aggregation app runs, it just has to worry about content on your
server.

YMMV of course - I'm looking at it from the perspective of an application I
worked on where the other server wasn't that reliable, and separating the "grab
files from the other server" and "process files" helped troubleshooting
tremendously.