> Russ is this a new thing?     I have an application that used to work ok
> using CFGRID all over the place    Suddely they dont work.    I had to run
> through the whole app and change the CFGRID's to tables and recode them.
>
> Are you saying that something's changed in ColdFusion that those applets
> can never work safely in production because they rely on RDS?

These are two separate issues. The RDS thing only applies to the
applets used in the CF Administrator. But applets breaking in custom
applications can happen when the client changes JVMs in some cases, or
has some other issue with the downloaded JAR file.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.