On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Dave Watts wrote:

> If you're building a native app on Android, you can certainly do this
> with the ZXing library:
> https://github.com/zxing/zxing
>
> I don't think you'll be able to do that with a mobile site, though.

This company has already chosen iOS as their platform of choice and we have
already told them they should expect to buy bluetooth scanning hardware.
I'm still going to play with the mobile site though and see if I can make
anything at all work. The project is still at the very start.

WWDC is also in June, the theoretical middle of this project. I haven't
been paying attention enough to know what may be released around that time
but I've always thought it's feasible that a QR Code input could be built
into Safari eventually, someday. I think that's a very long shot, but it's
in the back of my mind since this project started.

-Cameron

--
Cameron Childress