The first call is to the ./resize/ directory for the already processed
image. If that fails, the source image is read, processed, and saved
into the ./resize/ directory.

At a glance it seems like this code should work OK. I'm no sure what
Matthew's question is either. (As long as
allItemsInProductKeyList.largepic1 isn't user-defined that is.)