Just to clarify, the problem is not in the transmission, which can be
accomplished by FTPs, etc.

Once the file resides on the shared FTP server, it needs to be encrypted
to maintain security.

So, I think the flow is:  (1) transmit plain file up to server, and (2)
encrypt on the server. Reverse the flow to download.

TNX.

-- Rick