> > This is no longer a programming issue, though. It has nothing to do
> > with reading and displaying the RSS feeds at this point. Instead, it
> > has to do with fixing the connectivity problem between the two
> > machines.
> >
> > People on a mailing list are not going to be able to help you do this
> > effectively. And, you should be able to demonstrate to a network
> > administrator somewhere (your organization, the hosting company where
> > your CF server is) that this is not a CF problem but rather a
> > networking problem.
>
> I agree, but here is where it becomes strange. They(hosting company where
> your CF server is) claim packets can leave the server, but then they are
> getting
> lost on the route so tell me to check with the hosting company where the
> wordpress
> website who say that they are not blocking any requests from the machine
> running
> CF server. I need to dive into it and solve it.

Packets can leave which server? Your CF server?

The relevant question here (to me) is: what happens when you ping the
WP server from the CF server console? What happens when you run a
traceroute to the WP server from the CF server console?

> Anyway, I appreciate all your assistance and time.

You're welcome! Good luck!

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.