Thanks Jonah,

I am sorry for the late reply.

The WordPress's RSS feed is stable but due to excessive resource usage, the
newswebsite has been suspended a few times after which we had to call the
Hosting company to restore it.

>To have the rest of the page load and then the feed display later,
>you'll have to use AJAX to pull in a separate CF page clientside. (You'd
>still use caching in the feed.cfm so it'd only be slow occasionally.)

Would the following code http://collabedit.com/tmjwj/history function as
expected in an environment with less users than actual production?

If the newswebsite is suspended because it is using too many resources on
shared hosting, the thread reading the feed will timeout in 30 seconds, so
there will be no results. Will "News feed not available" be shown"?

Or, since the variable #feedResult.entriesNews# had a value from the last
successful read, those results will be displayed?

>Another approach would have the feed fetching functionality in a
>separate template which is run as a scheduled task every 2 minutes. That
>task can shove the parsed (and potentially formatted) feed into the
>application scope. (With a lock.) And then your main page can output
>that variable (with a lock). Then your home page would load as fast as
>it would as if the feed were local.

So, as you suggest, I need to get the feed, write to the machine running CF
server which will be used if the RSS feed is unavailable, in case the
newswebsite is suspended again.

I will make the feed loading a scheduled task and have to call it in the
Application.cfm(I know most people have already moved to Application.cfc) and
if no response is used, use the previous feed obtained from the past successful
fetch.

I appreciate your assistance and time.