From: Steve LaBadie [mailto:slaba...@po-box.esu.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 12:39 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Redirects

We are currently using a meta date redirect from a UNIX box. The redirects
currently sit on www and the production server sit at www4. We are taking
down www so the redirects have to be recreated on our new production server
which will be taking www.

Current redirect structure:
<HTML>
<BODY>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH
CONTENT="1;URL=http://www4.esu.edu/about/offices/police/index.cfm";>
</BODY>
</HTML>

When the user types in www.esu.edu/police<http://www.esu.edu/police> it
takes you to the correct page. We use this format to avoid long URLs on
marketing pieces.

Can someone give me directions for best practices using CF. The new
production server currently runs CF9 but looking to upgrade to CF11.

Steve LaBadie, Web Manager
East Stroudsburg University
570-422-3999
slaba...@esu.edu<mailto:slaba...@esu.edu>