Haven’t tried it on Solaris, but I would suggest skipping 14 and using the 15
update, which is cumulative anyway.  Either way, I would suggest running the
update through the command line, rather than CFAdmin.  Personally, ever since
update 12, I haven’t been able to perform a successful update through the
CFAdmin with either Windows or Linux.  Stopping the server, running the update
on the CLI and reinstalling the web server connectors has been much more
reliable.

HTH,
Jon