Thanx. That's what I think I will do for the time being.

It is hard for me to come up with all the symptoms that we started seeing on
the cfc's now and I don't think I could do justice to any explanation of those
issues. It seemed to me that it was all quite normal stuff. All pages and cfc's
were in the same doc root. And I have had issues with cfc locations on my test
system because it gets confused with localhost and virtual directories, so
getting the cfc's into a separate folder had a certain appeal.

I'm planning to do a big refresh on the app over the summer and this is going
to be addressed then. In the meantime, I have my fingers crossed than an
application scoped variable will get us through.

Thanx again.